The following principles are the cornerstones of our company philosophy and the basis of our success. They determine our actions:
- We all use our skills and creativity to continuously improve our value creation processes with the aim of producing high-quality products and services.
- Our employees are a central factor for the quality of our services.
- Quality is the result of our willingness to take responsibility for each step in our development, production and service provisioning processes. We reward performance and sanction inappropriate behaviour without fail.
- For us, customer orientation means knowing exactly what our customers' current and future requirements are and meeting them flexibly and competently.
- The primary task of our business is to build long-term, sustainable relationships with our customers, partners and suppliers on a partnership basis. We communicate openly and honestly and keep our promises.
- Independent of the needs of our customers, we ensure that relevant legal and official requirements are observed and fulfilled
- The safety and health of our employees make an important contribution to the success of the company. We therefore work together to create working conditions in which employees can work safely, healthily and successfully.
- The management is responsible for the quality of our products and services; occupational safety and health protection of employees is also part of their management duties.
- Information and its processing play a key role in the fulfilment of our tasks. Therefore, the protection of this information, especially personal data, against unauthorized access, unauthorized modification or distribution as well as intolerable unavailability is of particular importance.
- The protection of the environment is important to us. As a company specializing in software solutions for resource management and environmental and health protection, we pay attention to sustainability and energy efficiency in all our business processes.
We want to contribute to generating sustainably high earnings, increase the attractiveness of our offering for our customers, increase the satisfaction of all employees and the value of our shareholders' invested capital, and increase the appreciation in society.
Our quality management system according to DIN EN ISO 9001 ensures that the quality of our products and services is maintained and continuously developed in all areas of the company.
Acting according to law and ethics
We respect the law and expect the same from our business partners. The national and/or international legal framework conditions apply to all entrepreneurial activities of the KISTERS Group. We respect the cultures and ethical values of the countries in which the KISTERS Group operates.
Corporate Governance 1
The KISTERS Group is committed to good and responsible corporate governance (e.g. German Corporate Governance Code2, Sarbanes-Oxley Act3). We expect all employees of the KISTERS Group as well as our partner companies, suppliers and subcontractors to support this and to comply with its principles within the scope of their own responsibility.
The minimum social standards are based on the values of the Global Compact4 and internationally recognised norms, guidelines and standards of the International Labour Organisation (ILO)5 and the OECD. The KISTERS Group also observes the internationally recognised minimum social standards in all its business dealings with suppliers, business partners and third parties.
The KISTERS Group is committed to observing the 10 principles of the Global Compact in its corporate policy:
Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human
Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuse.
Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the
right to collective bargaining, as well as
Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced labour;
Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental problems,
Principle 8: take initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility,
Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
In addition, KISTERS has committed itself to the UK Modern Slavery Act of 2015. The declaration sets out our commitment to prevent modern slavery, servitude, forced or compulsory labour and trafficking in human beings in our companies and supply chains (see also https://www.kisters.de/en/about-us/modern-slavery-statement/).
Management is responsible for ensuring appropriate salaries and at least the statutory national minimum wage in all companies in the KISTERS Group.
Within the KISTERS Group, direct dialogue, fairness, a cooperative management style and mutual respect are at the heart of our corporate culture. KISTERS is a signatory of the Charter of Diversity, an employer initiative to promote diversity in companies, and a member of the Fair Company Initiative for fair working conditions and a new ethic in the world of work.
Health and safety at work
Occupational safety and health protection are guaranteed by a certified occupational safety management system that meets the requirements of DIN ISO 45001. Processes on the topics of risk assessment of working conditions, emergency organisation (fire protection, first aid), health care, instruction and participation of employees as well as equipment testing and defect rectification are established and are continuously monitored and improved.
Beyond the legal requirements, the health protection of employees and the promotion of preventive measures are given high priority.
Data protection and information security
As a manufacturer of software solutions that are used to process personal data or in the area of critical infrastructures, we not only assume responsibility for data protection and information security in our own company, but also for our customers and partners. With the help of our information security management system, which is certified according to DIN EN 27001, we ensure the constant monitoring and further development of the necessary technical and organisational measures as well as the continuous training of our employees.
1 Corporate governance refers to the legal and factual framework for the management and supervision of a company. This includes the distribution of responsibilities among the company's bodies - the general meeting, the supervisory board and the management board - with regard to the management and control of the company.
2 The German Corporate Governance Code adopted by the Government Commission on Corporate Governance contains not only essential statutory regulations for the management and supervision of German listed companies (corporate governance) but also internationally and nationally recognised standards of good and responsible corporate governance in the form of suggestions and recommendations.
3 As an internationally operating company, the KISTERS Group is generally subject to the regulations of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) enacted in the USA in July 2002. SOX is a law for companies and their auditors which aims to improve the accounting of companies.
4 The Global Compact is a worldwide initiative of the UN to support and strengthen cooperation between the United Nations, the economy and other social groups.
5 The International Labour Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations. 177 member states are represented by representatives of governments, workers and employers in the bodies of the ILO. Its activities focus on the creation of international labour and social standards. The aim is to improve the living conditions of the working population.