KISTERS solutions are developed in an open, secure and scalable architecture and can be configured to your particular workflows. From specialist application to enduser information portals and dashboards... all solutions are designed for the end user.
Professional measurement data management for all water management tasks
The WISKI water management information system is a one-stop solution for all tasks in monitoring network management, data acquisition, monitoring and evaluation. Hydrology, meteorology, groundwater monitoring, flood forecasting and alarming, water quality control, urban water systems or power plant and dam operation: WISKI offers specialist functions for any water management and hydrological tasks, simplifies daily workflows and delivers meaningful results.
WISKI Features & Functions
Monitoring network management & Measurement data management
- Monitoring network management of an unlimited number of measuring stations, parameters and observation variables
- Metadata management, variably arranged by station types and subjects, all subject parameters are included, historisation
- Measurement Data Management: Instantaneous and mean values for each time interval and non-limited time periods, non-equidistant and rasterised, non-/interpolatable, audit trail
- Additional data types: Ensemble data, spatial data (raster), sampling, ecological observations
- Data access via tree views with flexible arrangement options and an integrated default map, favourites views
Data quality & Validation
- Data validation and correction in graphs and tables via various editing functions (individual values, time ranges, gap fills, copy/pasting of values, and many other functionalities)
- Adding quality flags characteristics and remarks to measurement data values to improve data quality
Evaluation & Statistics
- Default and extreme value statistics: automated min., max. and mean value calculations, low and high water statistics, trend analyses and many other statistical processes
- Calculation and evaluation: powerful, customisable algorithms for data calculation and data analysis
- Discharge measurement / rating curves: Capture and analysis of discharge measurements, rating curve editor with many rating curve procedures and analysis methods
Reporting & Data publication
- Reporting: standardised reports and customised, customer-specific reports
- Publication of data online and on the intranet (own portal applications)
Data Exchange, Import & Export
- Data Exchange: Import and export functions for time series/measurement values and metadata; support of open standards with Web Services, ODATA, WATERML and REST API
- Integration of time and spatial data via interfaces to GIS systems (ESRI, QGIS)
- IoT (Internet of Things) and LoRaWAN support
- Telemetry: Own remote data systems SODA & HydroTel with dedicated communication software and hardware
- Easy integration into existing IT environments (MS Windows, Linux, Web GUIs)
- High availability data and applications via a client-server architecture with central database(Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostGreSQL)
- Individual workflow adjustments via integrated programming environments (KiScript, Python)
KISTERSdatasphere: Cloud solution for (sensor) data
Data-based decision-making is becoming ever more crucial for any modern business looking to make progress.
All around the world, sensor networks such as the Internet of Things are generating ever-increasing volumes of data. Take your chance and benefit from the mass of data: With datasphere, the global all-in-one solution for sensor data and raster data. Here you can always know what’s going on in your IoT network and more … datasphere empowers you to make the right decisions at the right time
Functions & Features
Manage your sensor network with datasphere’s easy-to-use monitoring dashboards and real-time notifications.
You can rest assured knowing that datasphere provides a secure home for your sensor data.
You can access your sensor data easily anywhere from any device at any time. Sensor maps with real-time data as well as historical developments within your system are a good place to find current and recurring issues.
Receiving real-time notifications might be essential for your business. With the easy-to-use alarm management you can set up individual thresholds for your sensors and manage alarm recipients. Thus every alarm goes to the right team so they can react accordingly. Statistics and a historic record of alarms support you in learning the behaviour of your network.
Integration with open data
A range of open and commercial data is available to help expand your network quickly. It is also possible to share your own sensor data with other users via datasphere. This opens up a range of business opportunities and collaborations for your organization.
Validation & Editing
Better data means better decisions: This is why datasphere offers editing and validating tools for improving the quality of your data.
Different kinds of tabular reports give you a summary of sensor behaviour at the click of a button. If you know what has happened in the past, you can identify what is most likely going to happen in the future.
You can easily keep an eye on your sensors using webcams.
Know what’s coming and mitigate your risks
HydroMaster empowers you with access to the very latest high resolution precipitation radar in real time, updated on a continuous basis. With radar-based nowcasts paired with multi-model deterministic and probabilistic forecasts up to 15 days in advance, you can be assured of timely and accurate information to support your operational decisions. To give users an indication of rainfall event severity, forecasts are contextualised using a dedicated severity index which takes into account both location and season. With HydroMaster you not only know what’s coming but also when, where, and the expected impact.
Make yourself comfortable
HydroMaster offers you a series of interactive maps, charts and tables, radar maps, precipitation totals, alarm status and return periods. Add your favourite view to your own private dashboard with a single click. Build your personal view by repositioning and resizing the elements. With the HydroMaster Dashboard you have everything under your control.
Tailor forecast and warnings to your area of interest
HydroMaster acts for your area of interest instead of giving you an arbitrary forecast. With a few clicks you can draw your area of interest or highlight your personal assets and hotspots. If you have your polygons (such as catchments) derived from a GIS system, you can upload them rather than creating them again. Once HydroMaster knows your objects it will automatically calculate precipitation totals and forecasts. Access your individual results from maps, charts and tables.
Set up your alarms and warnings
Save time while HydroMaster monitors the screens for you. Set up individual alarms and warnings for your objects and organise notifications via sms, e-mail or even twitter. You can choose your preferred media channel. All alarm and warning situations are recorded and displayed on screen. A rich set of statistics including storm analysis with return periods are presented during alarm conditions or for post event analysis.
Share HydroMaster with your team
HydroMaster’s access permission allows you to set up HydroMaster for your team. Spread all the great features across your team by adding more users from your organisation. As a local administrator it is you who decides their access level. This is ideal for setting up HydroMaster for 24/7 operation rooms, or sharing alerts and warnings with others.
Our solutions turn complex data into easy to understand information and generate new valuable insight to ensure a good overall state of our water resource
Built using proven, reliable technologies and knowledge gained from a world-wide customer base, our solution will meet all your organisation’s daily and long term water quality and ecological data storage, assessment and reporting needs. When used in conjunction with other KISTERS solutions it can integrate hydrological and meteorological real-time data with chemical-physical sampling results and biological observations all within a single system to provide a comprehensive environmental data management solution.
Respond to changing environments and possibilities
When it comes to measuring and assessing water quality whether it be via physical, chemical or biological indicators, the possibilities can be endless. You need a software package that your organisation can quickly and easily adapt to changing needs in data collection and assessment requirements. We provide a highly versatile and configurable solution that can meet all your data storage, data integration and analytics requirements.
Conveniently correlate all water quality with lab results traditionally stored in LIMS
More significant than the volume of data is the variety of water quality data - whether spot samples are collected manually and/or automatically. Allowing managers to display and investigate relationships between data sets is crucial. Auditing existing lab practices via meta-data trends on sample container specifications, sample storage times, and temperatures at which samples are shipped to labs, can be achieved in order to improve workflow.
Integrate ecological data & discrete data from field samples with continuous time series data
As you bring together previously isolated information, more streamlined management of the data is essential. Graphs, charts, box plots, maps and more options readily reveal patterns in monitoring information. Visualizing data can help to overcome implicit biases, verify intuitions, and add confidence to decisions. Design more integrative management programs that protect and restore watersheds and ecosystems your community appreciates.
Water quality data analytics
In order for your water quality data to be of use to you, it needs to be turned into information. This is achieved via various means such as known standardised statistical techniques such as regression, trend and frequency analysis, graphical visualisation techniques such as box whisker plots or spatial representations of the data. In addition there are many statistical packages in use that are familiar to professionals with which they are comfortable. KISTERS Water Quality and Ecology gives you the option to either choose from a suite of built-in data analytics or interface with your favourite statistical package.
Fully assess your ecosystems
Rather than relying solely on single water quality indicators such as the presence of toxic chemicals or levels of nutrients such as nitrogen or phosphorus for example, is also important for environmental managers to turn to biological data as a means of assessing the health and robustness of a given aquatic or riparian ecosystem. Whilst a water sample provides only a snapshot in time, assessment of species richness and composition can provide a much broader understanding of the long term health of a water system. Most importantly these bioindicators can be used in conjunction with relevant physical and chemical indicators for a more comprehensive assessment. We give you the tools to integrate your sampling and biological data side by side.
Water levels and data on floods, water quality data, meteorological information or environmental data in general: Today everyone is looking for information on the current situation in the internet.
This means: Companies that would like to (or have to) publish water and environmental data on the internet need a software solution that reacts quickly even with high access numbers, provides data almost in real time, and requires hardly any administrative effort.
WISKI Web at a glance
WISKI Web is the new solution for easy data provision on the web. It displays the data clearly in maps, graphics and tables and allows the users to easily navigate through the data in the web browser of their choice.
The main characteristics of WISKI Web:
- Responsive design: The visualization of the website content adapts to the display size of the end-user devices (PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones).
- Accessibility: WISKI Web complies with the EU Directive „Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the council on the accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies“.
- Fast response: Even with high traffic, the website quickly shows each user exactly what they want to see.
- Easy installation and configuration: The basic features are set up within one day.
- Choice of Cloud oder On-Premises: WISKI Web runs as an installation in your own company, or easily in the KISTERScloud, and also in other cloud solutions.
- Customization and Extension: WISKI Web can be adapted to the customer‘s requirements. Many additional plug-ins are available to extend the range of functions
The following web portals are based on WISKI Web. They show different ways of interaction and design:
- Austria: Land Oberösterreich: https://hydro.ooe.gv.at/#/overview/Wasserstand
- France: SIEMP: http://siemp.epmp-marais-poitevin.fr/
- Australia: Victoria State Government: http://vm-portal-delwp.canberra.kisters.de/master/#/overview/stations
Digitize field operations for accuracy, efficiency, value
Mobile devices - smartphones, tablets and notebooks - enable the quick integration of valuable data and insights from field inspections and operations with data stored and processed within KISTERS Water Solution.
KISTERS’ FieldVisits mobile application guides field staff step-by-step through standard operating procedures or site-specific protocols. Enter readings, measurements and samplings directly into the intuitive user interface. Menus and buttons standardize data collection. Upon entry, data are subjected to validation rules to save time and improve the quality of the data.
Offline work without network connection
- Recording and storage of present monitoring information in a local database
- Immediate data transmission if in signal
Near real time data transfer
- Minimize potential for data loss
- Fast information during extreme events
- Various options for transferring the data directly from the field or in the office at the latest
Optimized measurement tours, time and cost savings
- Identification of measuring points via GPS
- Start and interruption of measurement tours or station visits flexibly at any time, adjustment of the order of a tour, start another measurement tour in the field, etc.
Less input errors
- Warning message in case of threshold exceedance
- Own validation rules
Efficient maintenance plans
- Document the quality of your monitoring sites with photos
- Calibration checks at sites
- Automated and bidirectional data exchange with WISKI (KISTERS’ data management system)
- Data exchange with external data stores via open interface using simple CSV files or structured XML
All flow data at a glance
KISTERS flow measurement supports you in the field as well as in the in-house workplace. Choose from numerous measurement methods such as ADCP, vane measurements, probes or tracer methods. User-friendly wizards guide you step by step to the validated final result. Simple replication mechanisms assign the measurement and its results to the measuring stations of the KISTERS water solution. There they are available for the creation of water level-discharge relationships.
Benefit from the potential of international experience
Whether as a stand-alone solution or as a module of your enterprise solution - the KISTERS rating curve software offers comprehensive combination possibilities of tools and methods for the production of high-quality krating curves. Included are solutions and workflows for both natural flow cross-sections (e.g. according to gauge regulations) and control cross-sections (e.g. according to British Standards, USGS methods). Even complex tasks such as solutions according to the stage-fall method or hysteresis can be solved easily.
Benefit from state-of-the-art optimisation technology
Augment the the operation of your water system using objective-based optimisation.
- Uses industry-standard hydraulic models:
- Incorporates channel hydraulics into optimizer.
- No separate conceptual model required.
- Supported by KISTERS team of over 100 water resource and computer science engineers.
- Designed to find robust solutions despite the challenges of predictive uncertainty.
- Solves for multiple, potentially competing, objectives in priority order.
- Intuitive graphical user interface integrated with the KISTERS Water Portal.
Real Time Optimisation is multi-faceted and can be adapted and applied to a number of use cases, from hydropower to drinking water quality compliance. These use cases can be combined as needed.
Optimise generation within compliance regulations
Using detailed hydraulic models to capture dynamic riverine conditionals, the optimisation platform can meet environmental and regulatory guidelines while maximizing generation, revenue, and other targets.
Minimize water level disturbances
Accurately time the generation of power stations in a cascade and reduce water level fluctuations in intermediate river reaches.
Track load requests
Track load requests for an entire (sub)system by allocating load to different power stations in the most efficient way.
Maximize the total energy generation over the optimisation period.
Maximize the total energy revenue over the optimisation period, taking into account variable energy prices.
Maintain levels within target range
Maintain open channel water levels within a specified target range.
Ensure water quality
Maintain water quality by setting a maximum water age, allowable chloride concentration ranges, or similar criteria
Minimize energy use
Minimize the total energy use over the optimization period.
Minimize energy cost
Minimize the total energy cost over the optimization period, taking into account variable energy prices.
Irrigation and urban water supply
Get water to where it needs to be, at the right time
Ensure requests for water are met exactly and punctually. A full tracking and display system allows for complete transparency.
Minimize the flushing of excess water through the system.
Create dynamic flood retention capacity when needed
Reduce or eliminate flooding by drawing down river reaches or reservoirs ahead of forecasted storm events.
Hold stormwater when it is safe to do so
When conditions allow, retain water in flood control reservoirs for irrigation and infiltration purposes.
A unique chance to build your single point of truth
We offer real time combination of monitoring networks with meteorological and hydrological forecast in a single and scalable system. Automatic data validation, model orchestration and re-import of model results comes out of the box. If you integrate all your data types at the root, the dissemination of results into portals becomes much easier. With a clear and transparent software architecture you save time and minimise your operational costs.
Produce the best data for your models
Forecast centre rely on mature monitoring networks and the availability of their external data sources. It is good practise that all data is fetched in overlapping intervals to mitigate the risk of data gaps. With the same intention redundant sensor and logger systems are installed at the flood gauges and ideally the model run starts with a complete data set without any missing values. Nevertheless gaps are happening. Our proven time series technology provides a series of automatic gap filling routines and rule based time series mergers to ensure the highest level of data completion. It is the same mechanism which detects erroneous data, takes out spikes or correct shifts and drifts straight after data arrival; just before we send your best data to your models.
Build your single point of truth
Drought, tidal, rainfall run off or hydraulic models, they all need their data in their operational storages. The reasons are obvious: performance and independency. However, if the data only resides there, forecast centres run at risk to build decentral data repositories with different data states. Our solution has been operationally proven to act as the central repository – speaking the point of truth- for all hydro-meteorological data. If you integrate all your data at the root, your architecture becomes transparent and downstream processes like data dissemination or offline analytics will be much easier.
Integrate, validate and classify your forecast
As the single point of truth our solution delivers your best data to all your acting forecast models. If deterministic forecasts, probabilistic ensembles or “station at risks”, we can import all results to sit next to your measurements side by side. You can setup your own rules to classify the model results against alarm levels and critical thresholds. A comprehensive set of flood analytics supports you to derive meaningful event statistics that you can easily publish in the web.
Bad model runs can be identified centrally and taken offline until better results are available.
Share results with your stakeholders
A clear backend architecture helps you to control the relevant data dissemination processes. Our portal technology sits on top of your repository and protects your operational environment from public access. Provide a role based login to respond to the different needs of your stakeholder groups. Citizens, flood operators or decision makers see their tailored environment with information products that speaks their language. You can share more than screens. Downstream applications requesting the underlying data have access to our open interfaces serving the data through open standards (such as provided by the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). Explore our open industry standard in addition to complete the offering of your forecast portal.
Discover our solutions